You can count on an excellent benefits plan as a Smithfield’s Hog Production Division employee. It’s something we take great pride in offering to our full-time team members. Our “Total Benefit Program” has been designed to provide the protection and security you only get from a balanced and comprehensive plan. This summary lists the basic components of our benefit program.
Benefits for Full-time Employees
- Medical/Rx, dental, and vision benefit plans are available to employees and their dependents.
- Life insurance for employees, spouse, and dependent children. Additional optional life insurance plans are also available.
- Flexible Spending Account allows employees to save tax dollars on certain healthcare and childcare expenses.
- Long Term Disability insurance is provided.
- Paid Time Off for vacation, sickness, personal needs is provided.
- Paid holiday and funeral leave.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan including a company match
- Company-provided pension plan.
- Tuition reimbursement program in which a percentage of tuition is paid for by the company, contingent upon academic score.
- Credit Union services