Smithfield’s Hog Production Division Profile
Welcome to Smithfield’s Hog Production Division. As the world’s leading pork producer, we’re committed to producing quality pork while protecting the environment and preserving family farms.
Facts about Smithfield’s Hog Production Division
- Our headquarters is in Warsaw, North Carolina. There are approximately 5,000 Smithfield’s Hog Production Division employees located in twelve states.
- We produce approximately 16 million market hogs each year.
- We own and manage approximately 450 hog farms in the U.S.
- We partner with over 2000 independent farmers and contract growers in the U.S. to raise hogs.
- Smithfield’s Hog Production Division is committed to supporting worthy causes and organizations in communities where we operate.
- We are proud to be the first livestock operation in the world to achieve the coveted ISO 14001:2004 certification of its Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Smithfield’s Hog Production Division leads the pork industry by ensuring animal well-being, responsible antibiotics use and animal traceability.
- We are committed to obtaining and maintaining certification of our production personnel and all of our farms under the Pork Quality Assurance®-Plus (PQA Plus®) program developed by the National Pork Board.
- We proudly subscribe to the Statement of Ethical Principles for the U.S. pork industry.
We are firmly committed to taking care of our employees, producing safe high quality pork, promoting sound animal care, environmental stewardship and supporting our communities. These commitments are an essential part of who we are at Smithfield’s Hog Production Division.