- We have a variety of positions that we are always seeking qualified, dedicated people for. There are almost always opportunities in production-related positions in all levels of farm management, feed milling, truck driving, accounting, environmental management, maintenance, purchasing, safety, quality assurance, training and more.
- Please contact Roger Howard with questions.
- Circle Four Farms is headquartered in Milford, with operations throughout southern Utah.
- We are located three hours south of Salt Lake City and three hours north of Las Vegas, Nev. There are many national parks nearby where our employees are able to spend time hiking and enjoying the scenery of the desert Southwest. Southern Utah also boasts a large variety of outdoor activities our employees take advantage of, including summer and winter sports.
“I’m very proud that we produce a high-quality
product that is vital for the American people, and
the fact that millions of people have good, clean food
to eat because of the work that I do is really satisfying.”
Farm Leader at 2,400-Sow Farm
“Murphy-Brown is a solid company that has very
good benefits, that is interested in helping its
employees move up within the company, and
that is treating us fairly as individuals.”
Head of Farrowing Department at 5,000-Sow Farm
- High Plains Region—Yuma, Colorado
- Murphy-Brown of Yuma offers positions in every aspect of hog production, from animal care to management and more.
- Please contact Andrea Anderson with questions.
- Murphy-Brown of Yuma currently employs 210 people.
- All our farms are located within a 45-mile radius of Yuma.
- Sow farms range from 1,200 to 5,000 spaces. All facilities were built in the mid 90s.
- We currently have 24,000 sows, 92,000 nursery and 100,000 finishing spaces.
- Yuma has a great history of growth while maintaining its small town atmosphere. The folks are friendly and the town is quaint, set against the beauty of the Colorado prairie. The sunrises are grand and the sunsets are breathtaking. Once you come and visit, we’ll bet you’re going to stay awhile.
- Yuma County has a strong track record for economic sustainability and innovative thinking. Agriculture is at the heart of our economy.
“I came to Yuma in the Production Manager Trainee Program.
This program allowed me to work as a farm manager in the
sow system, a territory manager in the nursery system, and
currently Complex Manager in the sow system.”
Sow Production Complex Manager
“I started in Utah nine years ago and moved to
in 2006 to manage Big Sky Nursery. I have currently
been promoted to Nursery System Territory Manger.
Murphy-Brown has offered me many opportunities.”
Nursery System Territory Manager
- Murphy-Brown of Oklahoma—operations in Beaver, Laverne and Texhoma.
- We are always looking for qualified, dedicated individuals for a wide variety of positions in our Oklahoma operations.
- Please contact Veronica Fourzan with questions.
- We employ over 450 people in our Oklahoma operations.
- There are currently over 73,000 sows, 213,000 nursery and 225,000 finishing spaces in our operations.
- Our feed mill’s present capacity is 11,500 tons per week.
- Our transportation division has 18 live-haul and feed tractors, and 28 live-haul and feed trailers.
- Beaver, Laverne and Texhoma all have a small town atmosphere and the kind of people who make you feel at home. Our operations are in a centralized location and close to many recreational opportunities including ski resorts and beautiful lakes, not to mention the natural beauty of the Oklahoma prairie.
“I like working in a competitive and fast-paced
environment. My position is very challenging and
allows me to continually learn more about sow
production, which I like very much.”
Farrowing Department Head, Laverne, Oklahoma.
- The Murphy-Brown Midwest Region—headquarters in Algona, Iowa
- Operations in Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and South Dakota
- Due to the number of operations we run in the Midwest Region, we are always looking for qualified, dedicated people to fill positions in every aspect of livestock production.
- Please contact Jodie Harker with questions.
- We manage operations across Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and South Dakota.
- Our company-owned facilities are located in Everly, Iowa, Mt. Erie, Illinois, and Nevada, Missouri.
- We support feed manufacturing and sow, nursery and finishing production for over 60,000 sows and nearly 500 growers.
- Production occurs at company-owned, company-managed and contract-grower sites.
- All of the communities in our region boast affordable housing, excellent health care, outstanding educational services and a variety of recreational opportunities. Best of all, the communities in our region embrace the same sense of family and community that we at Murphy-Brown do.
“I was raised a city kid and didn’t know anything about farming or
when I came to Murphy-Brown. I’ve learned a lot
about both since starting here. It’s very rewarding to see how we impact
the economy, family farms and the agricultural industry.”
Financial Analyst III, Ames, Iowa
“My new career with Murphy-Brown is very exciting. I look forward
to advancing in the company, while I already enjoy benefits such as
health and life insurance, dental, vision, and pension plans,
401(k) with incentives, gain share and a competitive
- Murphy-Brown East – Virginia—headquarters in Waverly, Virginia.
- We are always looking for qualified individuals to join our team.
- Please contact Carlos Gerle with questions.
- Our headquarters in Waverly, Virginia oversees farms in eastern Virginia as well as northern North Carolina.
- Around 350 employees are responsible for 100 company-managed farms and over 120 contract locations.
- The Virginia Division was recognized for its outstanding safety record by Smithfield Foods in 2006.
- Waverly is located in the Coastal Plains area of Virginia. This area is both rural and progressive, with agriculture accounting for a large percentage of the employment opportunities. Virginia, known as the gateway to the South, is an exceptionally beautiful state. As one of the original thirteen states, it is steeped in history dating back to the first colonies. Within a few hours' drive are a number of significant tourism areas including the Atlantic coastline, the Blue Ridge Mountains and Washington, D.C.
“Although Murphy-Brown is such a large organization,
it has a family-business work environment where you
get to work with people from all cultural backgrounds
who are dedicated to the agricultural industry”
North Carolina Operations
- North Carolina Operations
- We have unique operations in North Carolina, including:
- The Murphy-Brown East Commercial Division
- Murphy-Brown East Multiplication Division
- Smithfield Premium Genetics
- We have a wide variety of positions available in North Carolina, everything from production to genetics research.
- Please contact Carlos Gerle with questions.
- Murphy-Brown East Commercial, located in Duplin County, is the largest location in North Carolina, with over 1000 employees operating over 175 company-managed farms. An additional 600 employees are devoted to support operations for these locations as well as over 1300 contract farm locations in the area.
- Murphy-Brown East Multiplication, headquartered in Laurinburg, is responsible for providing breeding stock animals to commercial sow farms across the country. There are over 300 employees managing 90 farms in the Multiplication Division.
- Smithfield Premium Genetics is charged with improving the genetic traits of hogs throughout all of our Murphy-Brown operations. Research facilities in North Carolina and Texas employ over 200 people. Our newest farm in Pampa, Texas, contains many state-of-the-art features including a comprehensive bio-security program.
- In the Tarheel State you will find plenty to do and friendly people to meet. Well-grounded by our heritage and well-known for our agricultural strengths, North Carolina makes an ideal home for you and your family, boasting hometown hospitality, scenic countryside and easy accessibility to many attractions.
- Our location between Raleigh-Durham and Wilmington provides many educational opportunities, with numerous major universities within a 1 – 3 hour drive. From this area it is an easy commute to many tourist attractions, including coastline and mountain resorts. If you love the outdoor lifestyle, North Carolina has plenty to offer. Golf, fishing, hunting and numerous other activities are readily available near all of our Murphy-Brown locations.
“Murphy-Brown is a very good company
that can help you build your resumé and
enhance your professional career.”
Indira Medina Torres
“I’m proud to be a part of our genetic improvement team. What we do here
affects all aspects of swine production throughout the entire company.
Pretty awesome, when you stop and think about it.”
Boar Stud Manager – SPG
“I started at the bottom and have worked hard, taken classes
and educated myself in hog production, and now am a
Farm Manager. I am proud of this position.”